Friday, March 28, 2008

Yellow is my new favorite color

After a break on Wednesday to pack and just generally be not working on the house, I took a half day vacation yesterday to make some more progress. And was it worth it!

After spending about a half hour getting myself situated, I got the kitchen completely primed and ready for painting tonight! It's amazing the difference from when we got into the house a week and a half ago!




Brad and I also made some more progress on stripping the wallpaper in the will-be guest room. Instead of using steamers, we're using a vinegar/water solution. I'm not convinced it's faster, but it's almost worth it to not have steam burns and worry that the steamers are leaking all over the carpet.


I also measured the walls in the great room so we know how much paint to buy for work weekend (which is this weekend).

3 comments:

Kate said...

Woah! The pictures of that big window are so neat. You've totally changed the room feel for sure. We used a golden yellow in the laundry room and love it!

Joseph Pulikotil said...

I am amazed at the amount of trouble you are taking to set up the house and make it comfortable to live in. The knowledge you seem to have on varous aspects of doing up the house is fantastic. You can become a consultant after this. I can see that you will be very happy to live in the house of your dreams. Best wishes.

Liz said...

Someone LOVES your yellow kitchen & I think it's me. Of course, since you ARE copying me.... cheater. ;)