It seems like since the clock struck midnight at the beginning of the new year, things have not stopped moving. I spent a week in Arizona with the Institute for Organization Managmenet, which proved to be as much fun (and of course, as beneficial) as I had anticipated. The only downside was the lack of rest - this was NO vacation.
Work has also proved to be especially busy for both of us as we settle into 2009. Frequently, we both come home and the answer to the "how was your day" question is always, "I was so busy, but I didn't get anything done!!"
A few status updates:
The baby's room is ALMOST cleaned out. This has been an interesting project - boxes and boxes of books have been packed (a few are waiting in the wings) and moved to the basement. My personal goal is to have this done by the end of the week. From there, painting will ensue! I really like the color we've picked out - it's called Spring Morn (a beautiful light green). There's also furniture that needs to be ordered, but we're holding off on that for a couple more weeks.
The basement office is coming along nicely. Brad has become quite the master of dry wall mud, and informed me today that he sanded the walls down! There is still quite a bit of work to do, but he's making progress. Unfortunately, I'm very little help here.
We registered! What an experience that was. We started three registries: Target, WalMart, and Babies R Us. I am looking at them as more of a checklist of things I need to make sure we have before this little one shows up. It's incredible, though, some of the things "they" tell mothers they "need" or else. Yes, we probably signed up for a few of those goofy things, but I'm sure there was a valid reason!!!
It's so hard to believe we have about 14 weeks left of this little adventure....102 days until my due date. Squirt has very active days and lazy days. Brad's been able to feel movement a little more since I've been back from Arizona, which has been a really neat experience for both of us.
At my last doctor's appointment, Dr. K was listening for the heartbeat with the doppler. Squirt was having an "active" day, and I could feel and HEAR a little kick on the doppler. We both shared a little giggle on that.
Squirt is weighing in around a pound and a half and measuring about a foot long (head to toe). The baby has hair (presumably) and is starting to put on a little baby fat.
Monday, January 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yay for the double digit countdown!!! Can't wait to see the room color after you get it painted!
Post a Comment