Monday, January 26, 2009

The second trimester nears its end...

Holy cow...according to my countdown, there are 95 days left until my due date! That's insane!
My paranoid mind drove me to call the doctor last week - I just didn't feel like the baby was moving as much or as strongly as before. Thankfully, I was able to run in before work on Wednesday for a quick heartbeat check.
Or so I thought...

I was surprised with an ultrasound! I was able to see the baby's heart beat, full bladder, and stretching. Also, I was able to see the baby's face...which is slightly alien in nature, but I know it's really perfect.


Speaking of Alien, occasionally the baby will kick and prod me hard enough that we can see the bumps from the outside. It was a little weird at first, but now it makes me laugh. I think it freaks Brad out a little bit.

So we're closing in on Trimester two. Trimester three starts soon. I can't believe it. I also can't believe some of the things people say.

Some examples:
1) Wow, you have really put on weight.
2) You get bigger every time I see you.
3) You're going to get SO much bigger! Just wait!
4) Exactly HOW much have you gained?
Also, I've heard more horror stories from complete strangers than I ever wanted to. The best was recently at a local restaurant, the hostess told me all about how her baby was born without an abdominal wall and had three surgeries almost right away.
Why is this encouraging people??????
And, just for the record, I'm adorable. See??
_____
On a separate note, my friend Kate recently "tagged" me to post the fourth picture from the fourth folder where my pictures are stored. Sadly, it's not that exciting...it's a photo of our neighbor "supervising" the day we ripped out the shrubs in front of our house. (I'm supposed to "tag" four more people...but I really don't even know who reads this besides Cayce and Jenn P. So....you two get to do the same thing because...well....I said!)

3 comments:

Mama Nae said...

Hey Liz - I read your blog (just to let you know)... It's Janae by the way...

I went to the hospital with my first for the same reason... I didn't think she was moving enough, she was just fine!

And just wait until you see an arm or elbow move all the way across your belly - or when they start to roll over. It kinda hurts but it's really cool!

And when pregnant with my 2nd, someone told me they thought I looked like I was going to explode - nice, huh?

Kate said...

I read it ! I read it ! And seriously-- I MEAN SERIOUSLY! *WHY* to people have to just say anything that comes to mind. Shut your traps around the pregnant people please!

hellocayce said...

I have posted my fourth picture. Enjoy.