Two weeks ago I returned to work. One of the hardest things I've ever had to do. The first day wasn't so bad - I was able to visit with some coworkers, catch up on stuff, and I left a little early to go with Brad and Natalie to her 2-month doctor visit.
The second day was harder. Natalie had a reaction to her rotavirus vax that caused her to throw up a couple of times. It was so so hard to leave for work knowing her poor tummy was a little upset. But then, Thursday, it was difficult to leave because she was awake and in an outstanding mood! Can't win!
We've taken her to the sitter's once as a trial run and she did really well. It seems like everyone will get along famously.....so so so important!!
She's so smiley. She's cooing and such, holding her head up very well, bursting into grins all over the place, and grasping at toys. It's so much fun to watch her grow and change every day. My heart overflows everytime she smiles at me.
One thing Iwas a little worried about my milk supply once I went back to work. Fortunately, that has not been an issue at all. I'm pumping more than she's eating, which is a good thing. She continues to nurse well when I'm around and takes a bottle from anyone when I'm not.
In other news, we took our first trip to Palmyra today. I was a little worried about the drive as Natalie tends to scream anytime she's awake and in the car. Of the two-hour drive up, she slept the first 45 minutes, then woke up....we stopped about 40 miles from Palmyra, had a snack, then went the rest of the way....and 40 minutes is VERY long when you have a screaming baby in the car. Once we arrived at Grandma and Grandpas, she did great! She met two of her three cousins, who absolutely doted on her, her uncle, two great aunts, a great uncle, one of Daddy's cousins, and one of Grandma's friends. Whew!! What a day. It's no wonder she slept the entire way home!!!
Saturday, July 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment