As of 4/10, Squirt will be full term.
That's just mind blowing to me. How lucky we were to have this journey. I can't help but reflect over the last eight months or so. I've experienced so many things I never thought possible (what's this say about things to come?). We were incredibly lucky to get pregnant right away and have no complications. The only 'scary' thing was my progesterone levels were a little low at the beginning - something easily fixed with a supplement from my OB. Through these months, I have never been happier nor have I been more scared in my entire life. I'm still scared, even as this little person squirms around in my belly (seriously...right now as I write this).
One thing that has made me a little sad of late is that this experience is almost over. Soon, we'll have to share our baby with the world. Not that I'm not excited to show off our baby, I am! But, I am going to miss sharing every minute of every day with this little person whose face I have only seen on an ultrasound. I love the surprise I still get when I feel movement. I have loved this very special experience....even if every minute wasn't sunshine and rainbows.
Squirt is definitely on the way. While I have no approximation of WHEN this little person will make his/her appearance, I have it on authority that the baby will most likely be born before the due date. Things are looking good, so hopefully we'll be able to avoid induction and c-sections (although if that's what it takes to get the baby here safely, I'll not question it).
So please, continued prayers that the last few days and weeks go smoothly. God has blessed us thousands of times already, and we just pray for His continued blessings.
On a different note - thank you to those of you who planned and/or attended baby showers. We are so lucky to have you all in our lives, and your support and generocity has meant the world to us.

2 comments:
so excited for you guys!
If you've had all your showers, etc. you should make a list of things you didn't get and perhaps the timing will be right and we will be able to donate what we've got.
Post a Comment