Five weeks.
Five weeks left until this baby is due to be born.
Oh. My. God.
How did we get here? I can't believe this amazing journey is almost over (but what a fantasic destination!).
Things are going relatively smoothly. The room is about finished, and we're starting to stock it with the wonderful goodies we're slowly acquiring. It's starting to look like a baby is coming to live in our house!
I feel pretty good aside from being tired. All. The. Time. And the need to make sure the house is and remains clean clean clean. The doctor seems pleased with how things have progressed. Starting at my next appointment, she'll start evaluating "things" to see if and how my body is getting ready to deliver this little one.
The baby is doing great too - about 18 inches and 5 pounds. The baby will gain about a half pound a week between now and birth. The kicks have now morphed into rolling and tumbling. The doctor seemed to think at my last appointment that the baby is head down. Hopefully Squirt is cooperating and staying there.
One of my favorite things right now are the hiccups. Well...Squirt's hiccups, not mine. It's the coolest feeling, and I get to feel them two times a day or so. I love love love it and will definitely miss it.
The other fun thing is watching other people get excited. I was on the phone with my mom the other night and as we were saying our good byes, she stopped and said, "I'm so excited it's so close!!" It's so fun. It's also fun to watch our house turn into a house that will have a baby in it! We've so far had two lovely showers, and we have two more to go.
Five weeks left - or so.....


No comments:
Post a Comment