The baby furniture is completely assembled. Final resting places have not yet been established, but at least everything is together now.

Now the fun can begin! March and the first part of April are going to be busy - but that will only make the time fly faster. We're looking forward to visiting with family and hanging out with friends.
I'm really looking forward to seeing my crowd from college. We are getting together in March to celebrate this little one (of course, I think my friends are more celebrating that it's not them...but who knows!) . We haven't all been in the same room since the most recent wedding, which was I believe three and a half years ago! I'm looking forward to seeing my friends who now hail from Chicago, Indiana, Minnesota, and of course, Kansas City (and the two of us who still live here!!).
Of course, I'm looking forward to the shower my family is throwing, as well as the one my friends are throwing (lots of get-togethers!). There's a twinge of awkwardness only because I feel weird about people giving us "stuff" for the baby...but I am so appreciative of the sentiments!
I have decided to ground myself after Easter. The baby can technically come anytime after that and be considered full-term. So my radius will be reduced to at most, South County. After that, we decided not to put anything definitive on the calendar until at least the beginning to middle of June. We just don't know what it will be like adjusting to life with a newborn!! It's exciting to think about though!
A bit about little Squirt: Squirt should be measuring between 15 and 16 inches and weighing in at 3 pounds (think a head of cabbage or so). Eyesight continues to develop , and the quarters continue to shrink as Squirt grows. So the "baby condo" is turning more into a "baby closet."
Personality-wise, we think we have a little stinker on our hands. Occasionally, I'll get a sharp and unexpected jab in the side. I end up laughing. Lots of rocking and rolling going on in there. It makes me wonder what the little bean is thinking or doing. Some days are quieter, and we're most active in the evenings. At our last doctor's visit, Squirt's heartbeat was in the 140s and everything is measuring right on schedule!!


No comments:
Post a Comment