Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Perfect Little Baby

Yesterday Brad and I went in for our anatomy scan ultrasound. It was an amazing experience, and I would love to relive it.

First, I was requested to come in with a full bladder. I have decided that this is done only to torture pregnant women. The u/s tech did a quick scan with the full bladder, then said "OK, go ahead and empty." What? Fine. Thank you SO much!! That never felt so great :o)

My feeling is Squirt was sleeping when we started. We were able to see the perfect little profile, both legs, both arms, the heart (and its four chambers), kidneys, hands, everything.

Somewhere in the middle of this, Squirt woke up. And did NOT like what was going on. Squirt was playing hide and seek with the tech...which was funny to watch. She worked hard to measure the head (which is completely normal in size, thank you very much), and we could see the baby trying to swat the sound away. It was so adorable.


Profile


Waving Hello!!

Profile

FOOT!
143 days until my due date. So much to do that it's almost been too early to do until this point - - - and all of these things will wait until after the holidays. To name a few...
1) Find a sitter/day care for when school starts in August.
2) Register
3) Figure out where and what to register for (for the record, I think we will be at Babies R Us and Walmart. Target is still up in the air, but these two are the "for sures.")
4) Finish Brad's office in the basement.
5) Move Brad's office into the basement.
6) Order furniture
7) Assemble furniture
8) Paint the nursery and put everything in there.
One thing I feel much better about is my maternity leave. Brad will still have another month or so of school, then he's taking a class that will be for three weeks in June. Between our family and two very close friends who have already volunteered to come and stay for a day or two during the week, I feel more confident than I did before. Not to mention our amazing neighbors.

The other big news is the baby is moving - and I can feel it! Just like Mom, Squirt is not a morning baby, but is very active in the afternoon and evening. Feeling this little baby kick and punch around is the coolest thing in the entire world!!!
Next appointment with Dr. K is Thursday. Pretty standard - but I think I'll have more questions for her this time around.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Yay! I'm so happy. And you KNOW that I will help out in any way I can, just let me know. Love you guys! And Amelia says, "hello!" :)