Tuesday, October 7, 2008

A Quarter of the Way Through

It's hard to believe that a quarter of my pregnancy is over! I'm about 10 and a half weeks right now. The baby is somewhere between a kumquat and a fig (when was the last time you saw either of those at the local megamart?). More or less, about an inch and a half long. Quite a bit bigger than the poppyseed we had eight weeks ago!

I'm always asked how I'm feeling. Most of the time, I find myself not entirely telling the truth. Some days, I feel good. I have an appetite, energy, patience...other days, I feel sick, tired, and annoyed. I know these are all things that go with the first trimester, and it's evidence that things are going the way they should be, etc. But that doesn't change the fact that I don't get naptime.

Again, I just have to put the kudos out there for my darling husband. Talk about patience. The man has an overabunance of said virtue. Thank you GOD for that!

We go back to the doctor next Thursday. It seems like a thousand years until then. I really don't know what to expect at this appointment. I'm hoping we'll at least hear our baby's heart beat, if not see it on the ultrasound screen. We will have to wait and see I suppose!!

People are already telling us what we're having. I need to start keeping score. For instance, my pregnancy has shared many similarities with two of my closest friends. Of course, one had a girl, and the other, a boy. So each has decided that I am having whatever they had. I guess one of them will be right!

Right now, I believe Team Blue has 2 votes as does Team Purple.

3 comments:

Erin said...

i really love that you chose the team color of purple and not pink. just an fyi. :) congrats!

Jenn said...

you know that i've correctly predicted the sex of babies 11 out of 12 times? we'll see if i can make it 12/13! :)

Kate said...

I don't think I ever thought about it in quarters, just the trimesters. What a nice way to get another "marker" in there! I'm so excited for you all!
Oh and I'm loving the purple reference too!