Monday, December 28, 2009

Christmas and 2009 Reflection

Our first Christmas as a family! We visited with LOTS of family and had such a great time. I have to give Natalie credit - she did really well with all the running, the driving, the people, and the presents.

A few highlights:
• Brad's dad made her a baby doll cradle. He had entered it in a county fair and it took first place. Brad's mom made a doll for it and several outfits. Both are just beautiful.
• Natalie was more interested in eating wrapping paper than her gifts.
• Grandma Mary gave her a wagon (which we can't wait to use) and a music table. We're already enjoying the music table and the many many many noises it makes.
• Natalie's first Christmas was also the first day she saw snow. Real snow that sticks to the ground...not just flurries.
I can't believe how drastically things have changed this year. While I knew that our lives would be different with a baby, I had no idea just HOW different they would be with Natalie. She brings a whole new meaning to life and love for me. When I look into her eyes, I can see so much. I've learned to love like I've never thought possible, and I've learned to look at myself differently too. She's helped me to see that no matter how bad things are, we can always rely on love to get us through.

The adjustment into parenthood hasn't been easy. Some days it's just downright hard. I have felt things and thought things over the last eight months that I'm not proud of. Thank God for my "mom" friends who have been there to listen to my whining and to tell me that everything is normal. Things are getting easier, and I can't say enough how lucky I am to have Brad - the man who can keep everything in perspective, keep me grounded, and take the hits when I'm having a bad day (figuratively mostly...).

When I look to recap the year, the addition of Natalie into our lives takes the cake. She is at the top of the list. Everything else is ridiculously secondary. Certainly the strengthened friendships and relationships that have come to be are up there as well. My priorities and values have shifted, and I'm absolutely OK with that. Certain things have moved down the list of things I will let keep me up at night, and I'm realizing what's really important in life. My husband and my daughter, God, my family, my friends, both old and new, health, and happiness.

As 2009 draws to a close and we enter the new year, I wish you all nothing but the best. May this year be full of happiness and miracles!




Merry Christmas to ME!



Yum...paper....






SNOW!





Baby cradle and doll





Cuteness.

1 comment: