Monday, June 22, 2009

Happy Father's Day!

So, I need to add a few more pictures to this, but I thought I would get a few out there.

Natalie's 7th week was a busy one! Monday I had my 6-week post-pardum check up with Dr. K. She said everything is back to normal (or as normal as it will ever be). We chatted a little about Baby Blues, and she insisted that everything I've thought/experience/felt over the last 6 weeks is totally normal and she didn't see a reason for any medication. Hooray! I don't have to see her again until October for my annual visit. Oh the joy.

After that, the three of us stopped by my office to show the baby off. Of course, everyone fell in love with her...how can you not? She slept the whole time. It was also my first experience with feeding her in a parking garage...of course she wasn't hungry at the doc's office in the nice private room with AC...but she was positively "STARVING" 5 minutes later when we arrived at the office park. Go figure :o)

Tuesday was Natalie's 6-week appointment with Dr. T. She's momma's big girl weighing 10 lbs, 14.5 oz - almost three pounds more than her birthweight - and measuring 22.25 inches. Those figures put her in the 70-75th percentile, which is awesome. Her head is 14.5 inches around, which puts her in the 40th percentile. She received her second shot ever, but the first one I had to see. Fortunately, she was sleeping when it was administered. It definitely startled her, but once the nurse got a band-aid on the site and I picked her up, she was back to sleeping. Yea!

Yesterday, of course, was Father's Day. What a different feeling to celebrate Father's Day as a parent. I made Brad blueberry pancakes for breakfast, and we had our parents over for lunch. While the meal was not extravegant (chicken wings, salad, and pizza) but the company was great.

My mother's favorite part of the day (and it was fun for me too, I'll admit) was playing dress-up with Natalie with my baby clothes. We found outfits that I wore on my first Father's Day, Christmas, etc, as well as a couple outfits that still had the original tags! Brad really enjoyed the day, and the Cards swept the Royals. Can't do much better than that!


In other news, Friday night, Natalie slept through the night for the first time. Wow - six hours of straight sleep is really awesome. She's definitely sleeping more at night, which is great for everyone.


No comments: