Friday, November 21, 2008

162 days till D-Day!!!

17 weeks down. 162 days to go.

This week has gone by at a 3-legged turtle's pace. I feel like it has just dragged on and on and on. I haven't been uncomfortable or anything, so that's been a relief (except the cold I seem to have found).

The big up this week has been moving into maternity clothes more or less full time (except for t-shirts and sweat shirts around the house). Thanks to The Mama who took me shopping on Monday - I'll be the most fashionable preggo ever!

My down is that even though we've made it through four months, and they've been really pretty terrific, it seems like May..even April...are still SO far away! I am so excited to meet this little baby. I can't wait to see what its face looks like or to feel its hand grip my fingers or to look into its eyes and say "Hi...I'm your mommy."

I think another part of my impatience is that I can't really feel the baby yet. I think I've felt "quickening," which are little fluttery feelings. That could be the baby too, but I wonder if I'm mistaking quickening for something less sweet and cute.

Just an FYI on how Squirt's developing - Squirt is about 5 inches long and weighs about 5 oz. Squirt's about the size and weight of a turnip (so this week I think I will call it Turnip-Head a la LOST). The skeleton is hardening into bone, and Squirt can hear (which could be a good or bad thing as this momma loves to talk and sing in the shower!). No one is really sure if babies at this stage can discern other voices from its mother's though - and it's weird to think the baby can hear my tummy grumbling...which still happens an awful lot!

1 comment:

Kate said...

They days do seem to drag but you'll be amazed when you look back and see how fast the weeks go by. HUGS hang in there!