I have been feeling a little guilty lately because we haven't been working on the house with as much vigor as we started. Brad said it's because we've actually started to take our life back and it's OK. I should listen to him more.
So, Saturday morning, we awaited the arrival of our washer and dryer. Our two-hour window was between 9:15 and 11:15 am. At 9, I had just gotten out of the shower and Brad had to run up to Home Depot before the delivery. I just finished drying my hair (still in robe) and guess who shows up? So I throw on (literally) jeans and a T-shirt to let the guys in.
Then, they drop the bomb.
They can't install the dryer because we have a copper-piping, and the Sears policy says they can only install dryer that are hooked up to black iron pipes. ??? So...that stunk. Fortunately, Mom and Dad Peuster came down on Sunday and Brad & Dad hooked it up and it works fantastically. I love that we're DONE with laundromats!!!!
The stripping project trudges on....sometimes is comes down easy, sometimes not. So, we're just working working.
We've started noticing nature around...the trees are starting to bloom, and we're going to have baby cardinals soon!!! Can you see Mrs. Cardinal?

The thing is....I have NO idea what's growing in my back yard...so I think I will be calling on my favorite horticulturist, Angie! Also, I believe our grass is Zoysia...so I'm googling how to take care of it...



No comments:
Post a Comment