Monday, April 14, 2008

I don't care if Monday's blue...

I maintain that the house is a vortex of time, particularly on the weekends. Minutes and hours have to be longer Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. than they are any other time. Regardless...

I don't have any photos to post for you today. The weekend was more about getting settled, moving things from the apartment, and so on.

Friday we ventured to the Mills Mall to purchase our washer and dryer. I can't tell you how excited we are that we have made our last trip to the laundromat. The twins will be delivered on Saturday. Thank you Parents!!!

Saturday morning Brad did some laundry at the aforementioned laundromat (for the last time!) and I went to my Weight Watchers meeting then over to the apartment to gather a few things. I have to say I was proud of myself as I was able to single-handedly move our big TV from its former resting place down the stairs and out to the parking lot, open my car door and put the TV inside the car without breaking it. I am woman - hear me roar....or something. I also gathered some more clothes and a few heres and theres.

The fleet of DishNetwork men (well...three of them) showed up around 4 to install the dish in our new home. Being the Suzie Homemaker I am, plus feeling a little bad as they were outside trying to attach the thing to the roof in the ICY WEATHER in April, I made them coffee. They seemed to appreciate it, so it was my random act of kindness for the day.

Oh! We moved the couch. The couch now faces the wall it previously had its back too and sits on the other side of the great room. Basically the inverse of where it was. It opens the room up, so I think it will stay there.

Yesterday my mom came up to see how things had progressed since her last visit two weeks ago. She seemed satisfied :o) We then ran up to JCPenney to look at curtains, and we found panels for the great room windows as well as valances for the kitchen. Then we went to Value City Furniture and purchased a coffee table, an end table, a set of two nesting tables, and a TV table for the great room (again, thank you momma!!). They will be delivered with the bedroom set next month. I can't wait!!!!

The curtains are AWESOME. They are chocolate brown with intersecting blue and green circles. Very cool. The valances for the kitchen are kind of sheer and have a repeating pattern of oil and wine bottles and such. Not too country, and very complimentry to the yellow on the walls. I'm hoping to get those up soon - at least on the bay window to break up the yellow a little bit.

The three-season room is essentially set up and ready for visitors. Now the weather needs to behave itself so we can have you over to hang out!!!!

1 comment:

Angie said...

Liz - I love your color transformations. The blue bathroom is awesome!!! Love it!! It does take vision in an old house. We certainly know that!! good luck and keep up the great work. Angie