Ouch. That's what our backs and feet are saying to us right now.
Brad and I spent most of last night (until about 10:30 or so) and all of today (with the help of our WONDERFUL friends Holly and Emily) going to town on that kitchen. We are VERY proud to say that now, the awful and dated wallpaper in that room is officially GONE!
BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE!
As we were taking town the yellow strips of "oh-my-goodness", bits of the wall primer decided to come with it, revealing the drywall underneath. Great.
So, even though the wallpaper is down, we will now scrape off the access paint primer that is coming up, sand it down, wash the walls down, and play with putty.
Even though there is tons still to do in the entire house, let alone the kitchen, I definitely feel like we've accomplished something in the few days we've been homeowners. Getting that wallpaper down was a huge feat! And we didn't kill each other!!!
The pictures of our progress are on my camera, and I don't have the cord to load them on the PC at home (it's at the office). But, I'll post photos on Monday.
Saturday, March 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Yay! I can't wait to see the house! The pictures of the kitchen (so far) look amazing...can't wait to see the final product.
Again, congrats on the house! Let me know if you need help...I LOVE doing home improvement projects, so does Alex!
Surely,you have gone through a lot of trouble in locating a suitable house. May God bless you with all happiness in your new home
Post a Comment